I can’t believe Zion has been Earth side 4 months! It’s almost Halloween and I can’t wait to show you guys his outfit! This pumpkin outfit was for a little fall festival but his Halloween outfit… oh man I can’t wait! Anyways, he’s already 4 months and what did we do with all our time without him? Spenc and I were talking about that yesterday and literally laughing. We thought, how did we ever do life without him? We must’ve been so bored! Life is like a million times better with Zi. It’s amazing. Things I’ve learned so far…
- Be brave. In mamahood, as a woman, as a person, and a wife. Just be brave.
- Find what works for you. Do what works. Co-sleep, crib, CIY, comfort nurse, bottle, breast….whatever. Do what works for you and your family. No pressure, no stress.
- Literally do not care what anyone thinks about you or your life. (This is like a general…”Please learn this no matter how old you are, kids or no kids” advice, but especially when you have a baby. They watch everything. Do you want them growing up watching a fearful person or a brave, happy person? Just do it, baby. Go do it. Go get your nails done with the potential that your baby cries the whole time. Nurse on the go. Go to nice restaurants with your baby. Do your life.
- Your attitude effects there attitude and emotions. Check yourself before you …wreck your baby’s mood. For real though. Your atmosphere effects them. Positively or negatively. You are watering your baby with the things you say, do and react to daily. Try to argue with your spouse in the other room. LOL.
- Don’t stop enjoying what you like to do now that you are raising tiny humans. You did not die when you had a kid. Keep the hobbies even if you literally have no time for them but once every few months. Put yourself together if you want. Find a way that works for you and your baby. Doings is tough at times. You wanna do your make up but the baby is freaking out. Don’t give up. Find what works for the baby and push through to do it. I know it seems to insignificant but you’ll be so proud of yourself for getting through it and not throwing in the towel every time an obstacle comes your way. It’s so much more than getting your make up on. LOL. It’s you being able to get through tough situations and finding out how to maneuver your life with a new addition. If you gave in every time baby freaked out, you’d hardly get out the door. Wear him, stroll him, set him up in a bouncer, a rocker, on the floor, and get on with what you need to get done. AKA the dishes and your teeth brushed and maybe some mascara can I get an amen?
- Enjoy every day. It goes by fast! Take the million photos, record the million videos, do the outfits, do the fun things. Have fun, don’t sweat the small stuff. Let everything…e v e r y t h i n g roll off your back. Life is too short and time with your LO is even shorter. With that being said…i’m gunna go play with my baby! <3
Okay so Mister Man loves to play, chew, slobber, shake everything like every baby this age and he carries Plan Toys USA wooden keys around with him everywhere! It’s hilarious! But we love their wooden non toxic toys because if we can avoid toxins, then we certainly will! The toys range for all ages and they have got some serious cute, fun stuff along with games and interactive learning as they get older. Other things Zion is a HUGE fan of are the chewable books like this. They are called indestructibles. Fitting. They cannot tear, are toxin free, water proof, cannot rip, can be chewed on, slobbered on, crinkled etc. Zion is kinda obsessed and I don’t blame him. He also loves his bouncer and his standing gym. We rotate through out the day and then when all else fails, we go strolling in his stroller which He is also a huge fan of. Hey, whatever works. You wanna play in your stroller all day buddy? I’ll milk that while it lasts! I’ll talk about his stroller in a future post and why we love is SO.DANG.MUCH.
Oh, and his pumpkin outift? Target!